In-store Shopping Has Resumed....
So, it appears we can welcome you all back into the store, again. Let's hope we have seen the last of the lock down strategy!
Having said that, here is a recap;
- The store is open for walk in but please wear a mask
- Over the past 14-15 months, we have seen a sharp increase in the number of clients homebrewing, and many of them place orders online for delivery or pick up. This workflow allows us some time to prepare each order in a systematic way, so IF YOU CAN, order what you can online (such as grains that need milling) and you are welcome to browse around for other things when you arrive to pick up.
- Store hours are unchanged.. Tuesday - Friday 10am - 5pm, Saturday 10am - 4pm, closed Sunday and Monday
1. In-store and Online ordering. Our physical and online inventory is the same, so with a few minor inventory errors, if you see it online, we have it in stock for pick up or delivery. If you don't see it online, please message us. In some cases, such as hops, we may have gone through all the repackaged bags and need to make up more, or it may be that we out out of stock and need to reorder. We will work with you to get you what you need.
2. Phone orders. Except for the fact that taking a list of items from you over the phone does not immediately give us inventory information, we can quickly determine what we have in stock and what might need to be substituted. Once this is done, we can email you an invoice and once payment is made, the order exists in our system just like any other order. This means First In, First Out, so if you call in an order at 10am and then show up at 10:30 for it, it may not be ready. Online ordering is preferred, but if you have questions and want to enter an order by phone, please give us a call.
3. Deliveries and Pick Ups. At the moment, we offer the following options for delivery of your order;
FREE local delivery in Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa. Minimum order applies.
FREE delivery to Muddy York Brewery (Leaside), Common Good Brewing Co. (Scarborough), Second Wedge Brewery (Uxbridge), Old Flame Brewery (Port Perry), and Haven Brewing Co. (Peterborough). Minimum order applies.
Canada Post. Two options here; if your order is under 100g, such as a few packages of dry yeast, we can ship this by Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This has proven to be HUGELY popular across Canada. No tracking is possible as this service level. If your order is larger, normal Canada Post services are offered. Some delays may occur, but that is a function of their volume, not the rate you paid or the volume of orders we process with them.
4. Additional Couriers. We introduced this option last year when Canada Post orders were averaging 8 - 16 days and liquid yeast orders were arriving unusable. It was originally just FedEx, but with the introduction of a service called Net Parcel, we are offered access to many others besides FedEx. Shipping liquid yeast continues to be risky, so please consider some of the excellent dry alternatives.
Sameday pick-up. If you absolutely must have your order today, please place it by 8am and select Same Day. We will do our best to prep those orders first. Next we work on the remaining Pick Up orders until early afternoon, then focus on deliveries to be made that day. For ALL pick up orders, please wait for the confirmation message from us that your order is ready.
Hopefully, this list offers sufficient options for you to get what you need as soon as possible. However, if you have any questions, please be sure to get in touch with us. We will provide another update as soon as there is more to report!!
Thanks for the ongoing support!!
Dean and Joanne