Bootleg Biology NEEPAH Yeast
Availability: Limited PRE-ORDER ONLY
Source: A unique blend of Saccharomyces cerevisiae cultures
The NEEPAH IPA Blend is our secret weapon for delivering the juiciest, tropical fruit bomb you’ve ever made.
Carefully cultivated from a special blend of fruit-forward yeast strains, the NEEPAH Blend is here to amplify the gorgeous rainbow of flavors in your New England-Style IPAs by providing an extra punch of danky goodness. Now you can spend less money on expensive hops and spend more time drinking the best made hazy pale in town.
Looking for a versatile culture that’ll deliver a new take on flavorful English Ales? The NEEPAH Blend™ creates decadent beers that out class those made with tired ESB strains. This blend works especially well for Brut IPAs, emphasizing the fruity hop character and reducing the perception of bitterness in dry beers.
- Type: Brewer’s Yeast. S. cerevisiae, variant
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 75-82%; attenuation will increase with higher ferm temps or with successive repitches
- Estimated Final pH: 4.1-4.4
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Huge citrus & mango; highly emphasizes the juiciness of tropical hops
- Flocculation: Low, HAZY (but not yeasty!)
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 66-70F; recommend increase temperature a few degrees two to three days after pitching
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Product Category: Dusty Bottoms Collection™
The Dusty Bottoms Collection™ is our ode to unique and hard to find cultures sourced from commercial fermentations. As much as we love local yeast, there are just some flavors and aromas that can’t be reproduced by plucking yeast out of thin air.
Many of these cultures have been used for generations to make some of the most consistently wonderful beverages in the world. Whether it’s brewer’s yeast, Brettanomyces, or Lactobacillus…these aren’t Local Yeast by our definition, but certainly were local at one time.