Intro to Homebrewing - January 12, 2019
This is a 1.5 hour overview class for those who are either brand new to homebrewing, or thinking about taking up the hobby.
There is a $10.00 fee that is offset by a $10.00 in-store coupon* after the class, as well as a 10% discount off Homebrewing 101 (dates to be announced)
The topics are basic but will touch on each of the following areas;
- The basic steps in homebrewing of beer, from set up to bottling.
- The tools needed, with an example of the industry standard, and a option you might find at home.
- The role of each ingredient in the process.
- The keys to success on your very first batch!
- A discussion of bottling versus kegging, pro's and con's.
- A question and answer period.
While this will be a "hands on" class with examples of hardware, ingredients, kits, and tools, we will not be brewing beer. There will be a printed note sheet for each guest which will offer tips on additional reading and research.
- Class size: in order to ensure everyone can participate fully, we limit classes to 12 guests. Minimum of 6 guests in order to run the class, cancellations will be notified 48 hours in advance, and refunds issued, or as an option, rebooked into another class.
- Class location: our classroom is located within our Pickering store, at 1400 Bayly Street, Unit #9. We are located on the side of the building facing the Pickering GO station. Look for the New Irish Times pub on the corner and proceed around the side of the building from there. Find us 3/4 of the way down.
- Class start time: in consideration of others, we will begin the class promptly at the published start time. If you find you are going to be late, please consider booking into another course rather than joining the existing class late. Depending on questions, the class may run slightly shorter or longer than 1.5 hours.
*Coupon is valid for 60 days from the date of the class. No cash (surrender) value, used for in-store or online purchases only. Coupon is valid for a single use only, so using only a portion of it will void the balance.