LalBrew PREMIUM SERIES Belgian Wit ale yeast, 11g sachet
NOTICE: If you are ordering a few sachets of yeast to be sent via Canada Post, we can now ship to you via Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This is for dry yeast only, and up to a total weight of 100g per envelope. If you would like to use this option, select Lettermail on checkout!
LalBrew® Wit (formerly known as Munich Wheat Beer) yeast is a relatively neutral strain which can be used to produce a wide variety of wheat beer styles. Ester and phenol production is lower than for traditional hefeweizen strains such as Munich Classic. LalBrew® Wit provides a baseline profile of banana and spice aromas, but leaves space for the brewer to showcase other spice additions typical of Belgian style beers. Traditional styles brewed with this yeast include but are not limited to Belgian Witbier, American Wheat, Berliner Weiss, Gose, Hefeweizen, Dunkelweis, and Weizenbock .
Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
- Typical Analysis of LalBrew® Wit Yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests *According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
Brewing PropertiesIn Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® Wit yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days
- Medium to High attenuation and Low flocculation
- Aroma and flavor is somewhat estery with banana notes
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew® Wit yeast when producing traditional styles is 17°C(63°F) to 22°C(72°F)
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
Related or Similar Products
Escarpment Labs Uberweizen yeast, EXPIRED
Escarpment Labs Old World Saison Blend yeast, EXPIRED