LalBrew PREMIUM SERIES Belle Saison ale yeast, 11g sachet
NOTICE: If you are ordering a few sachets of yeast to be sent via Canada Post, we can now ship to you via Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This is for dry yeast only, and up to a total weight of 100g per envelope. If you would like to use this option, select Lettermail on checkout!
LalBrew® Belle Saison is a Belgian-style ale yeast selected specifically for its ability to create Saison-style beers. Belle Saison is a diastaticus strain that allows the brewers to achieve the high attenuation characteristic of this classic style. Designed for warm-temperature fermentation true to traditional “Farmhouse” production methods, beers brewed with LalBrew® Belle Saison are fruity, spicy and refreshing.
- Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus, a top fermenting yeast.
- Typical Analysis of LalBrew® Belle Saison yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests. *According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
- In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® Belle Saison yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days.
- High Attenuation and Low Flocculation
- Aroma and flavor is traditional of Saisons with citrus and pepper notes.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew® Belle Saison yeast when producing traditional styles is 15°C(59°F) to 35°C(95°F)
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus strains are capable of utilizing some types of dextrins. Extra care should be taken to ensure proper cleaning procedures are in place to avoid any cross-contamination with other brews.
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.