LalBrew PREMIUM SERIES Belle Saison ale yeast, 11g sachet
NOTICE: If you are ordering a few sachets of yeast to be sent via Canada Post, we can now ship to you via Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This is for dry yeast only, and up to a total weight of 100g per envelope. If you would like to use this option, select Lettermail on checkout!
LalBrew® Belle Saison is a Belgian-style ale yeast selected specifically for its ability to create Saison-style beers. Belle Saison is a diastaticus strain that allows the brewers to achieve the high attenuation characteristic of this classic style. Designed for warm-temperature fermentation true to traditional “Farmhouse” production methods, beers brewed with LalBrew® Belle Saison are fruity, spicy and refreshing.
- Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus, a top fermenting yeast.
- Typical Analysis of LalBrew® Belle Saison yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests. *According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
- In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® Belle Saison yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days.
- High Attenuation and Low Flocculation
- Aroma and flavor is traditional of Saisons with citrus and pepper notes.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew® Belle Saison yeast when producing traditional styles is 15°C(59°F) to 35°C(95°F)
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus strains are capable of utilizing some types of dextrins. Extra care should be taken to ensure proper cleaning procedures are in place to avoid any cross-contamination with other brews.
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
Related or Similar Products
Escarpment Labs Old World Saison Blend yeast, EXPIRED
Escarpment Labs Saison Maison yeast, EXPIRED