LalBrew PREMIUM SERIES Diamond Lager yeast, 11g sachet
NOTICE: If you are ordering a few sachets of yeast to be sent via Canada Post, we can now ship to you via Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This is for dry yeast only, and up to a total weight of 100g per envelope. If you would like to use this option, select Lettermail on checkout!
LalBrew® Diamond Lager yeast is a true lager strain originating in Germany. Chosen for its robust character, LalBrew® Diamond Lager yeast delivers excellent fermentation performance, and has the ability to produce clean, authentic lagers.
Traditional styles brewed with the Diamond include but are not limited to Munich Helles, Dortmunder Export, German Pilsner, Bohemian Pilsner, American Pilsner, Vienna Lager, Oktoberfest/Märzen, Dark American Lager, Munich Dunkel, Schwarzbier, Traditional Bock, Doppelbock, Eisbock and California Common.
- Classified as a Saccharomyces pastorianus, a bottom fermenting yeast.
- Typical Analysis of LalBrew® Diamond yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests *According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
- In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 12°C (53.6°F) LalBrew® Diamond yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 5 days
- High attenuation and High flocculation
- Neutral Flavor and Aroma, typical of traditional Lagers
- The optimal temperature range for Diamond yeast when producing traditional styles is 10°C(50°F) to 15°C(59°F)
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
Related or Similar Products
Escarpment Labs Uberweizen yeast, EXPIRED
Escarpment Labs Old World Saison Blend yeast, EXPIRED