Lalbrew PREMIUM SERIES Munich Classic Ale yeast, 11g Sachet
NOTICE: If you are ordering a few sachets of yeast to be sent via Canada Post, we can now ship to you via Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This is for dry yeast only, and up to a total weight of 100g per envelope. If you would like to use this option, select Lettermail on checkout!
LalBrew® Munich Classic is a Bavarian wheat beer strain that can easily express the spicy and estery aroma profile typical to German wheat beer styles. This strain is simple to use over a wide range of recipe variations and fermentation conditions, making it a great choice for a number of traditional styles of wheat beer. A true top cropping yeast, LalBrew® Munich Classic yeast can be skimmed off the top of classic open fermentation vessels in the traditional manner. Styles brewed with LalBrew® Munich Classic include but are not limited to Weizen/Weissbier, Dunkelweizen and Weizenbock.
Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew® Munich Classic Yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
*According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® Munich Classic yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days
- Medium to High attenuation and Low flocculation
- Aroma and flavor is balanced with prominent fruity esters and spicy phenol notes of banana and clove.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew® Munich Classic yeast when producing traditional styles is 17°C(63°F) to 22°C(72°F)
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.