LalBrew PREMIUM SERIES Koln Kolsch yeast, 11g
NOTICE: If you are ordering a few sachets of yeast to be sent via Canada Post, we can now ship to you via Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This is for dry yeast only, and up to a total weight of 100g per envelope. If you would like to use this option, select Lettermail on checkout!
LalBrew Köln® is ideal for brewing traditional Kölsch-style beers and other neutral ales. The neutral character of this strain accentuates delicate hop aromas while imparting subtle fruity esters. Through expression of a beta-glucosidase enzyme LalBrew® Köln can promote hop biotransformation and accentuate hop flavor and aroma. Colder fermentations will be more neutral in character, while warmer fermentations will have more fruit-forward ester profile.
Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew® Köln yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Viability ≥ 1 x 109 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Diastaticus Undetectible
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® Köln yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 7 days, a bit slower than most ale strains. This is
- perfectly characteristic of this strain.
- Medium to High Attenuation and Medium Flocculation
- Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew® Köln yeast when producing
- traditional styles is 12 – 20°C (54 – 68°F)
- Lag phase can be longer compared to other ale strains, ranging from 24-36 hours
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.