Lallemand WildBrew Sour Pitch, 10g
Note: this package contains 10g of bacteria, but normal dosage rates are 10g/hl (10g/100L). For homebrew, use 2g in 20L or 5 gallons. Scale accordingly.
WildBrew™ Sour Pitch is a ready-to-use, high-performance, and high-purity lactic acid bacteria specifically selected for its ability to produce a wide range of sour beer styles.
WildBrew™ Sour Pitch produces a clean and balanced citrus flavor profile typical of both traditional and modern sour beer styles. When inoculated at optimal temperature and the right conditions, it is a powerful, safe and easy way to handle bacteria for various beer souring techniques, such as a typical kettle souring process.
Styles which can be brewed with WildBrew™ Sour Pitch include, but are not limited to, Berliner Weisse, Gose, lambic-style, American Wild, and Sour IPA. WildBrew™ Sour Pitch will deliver unmatched consistency, effortless application, fully assured performance and unparalleled purity for brewing the sour beer style of your choice.
Focus on your creativity and style and let WildBrew™ Sour Pitch do the rest.
Inoculation Rate: 10g/hl which converts to about 2g per 20 liter (5 gallon) batch, which means this 10g sachet will inoculate 5 standard batches.
- Classified as a Lactobacillus plantarum, a facultative hetero-fermentative strain.
- Viable bacteria > 1011 CFU/g
- Dry matter > 92%
- Acetic bacteria < 104 CFU/g
- Moulds < 103 CFU/g
- Yeast < 103 CFU/g
In line with Lallemand’s strict quality control and assurance procedures, every single batch of WildBrew™ Sour Pitch is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests, guaranteeing the highest standards of purity, quality and performance.
Brewing PropertiesIn Lallemand’s Standard Wort conditions, WildBrew™ Sour Pitch bacteria exhibits:
- Fast pH drop that can be completed within 2 days (typically within 24 to 36 hours).
- High lactic acid versus lower acetic production.
- Aroma and flavor is citrus and tangy with a hint of fruit.
- The optimal temperature range for WildBrew™ Sour Pitch when producing sour beer styles is between 30°C to 40°C (86°F to 104°F)
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and pH drop are dependent on inoculation density, bacteria handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.