Lalvin 71B dry yeast
NOTICE: If you are ordering a few sachets of yeast to be sent via Canada Post, we can now ship to you via Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This is for dry yeast only, and up to a total weight of 100g per envelope. If you would like to use this method, follow this link to learn more!
Lalvin 71B is a wine yeast for nouveau-style wines. It was isolated by Pr. Maugenet’s team at the INRA (National Agricultural Research Institute) in Narbonne, France. Lalvin 71B is known for making blush and semi-sweet wines and owes its success to its abilities to produce amyl ester (isoamyl acetate), reinforcing the aromatic profile of wines. Lalvin 71B also softens high acid musts by partially metabolizing malic acid (20%-30%).
Saccharomyces cerevisiae cerevisiae
- Sensitive to the competitive factor K2
- Alcohol tolerance up to 14%
- Short lag phase
- Moderate fermentation rate
- Fermentation temperature range: 15°C to 30°C
- Very low urea production
- Very low requirement in assimilable nitrogen
- High requirement of survival factors in O2-deficient musts
- High amyl-ester production
- Average production of volatile acidity
- Low SO2 production
- Facilitates malolactic fermentation