Lalvin EC-1118 dry yeast
NOTICE: If you are ordering a few sachets of yeast to be sent via Canada Post, we can now ship to you via Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This is for dry yeast only, and up to a total weight of 100g per envelope. If you would like to use this method, follow this link to learn more!
Lalvin EC-1118 is the original ‘prise de mousse’. It was isolated in Champagne and its use is validated by the Comité Interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne (CIVC). Its strong competitive character, its ability to ferment at low temperature, good flocculation and excellent alcohol tolerance, make Lalvin EC-1118 an excellent strain to be used in a wide range of applications (such as sparkling wines, fruit wines and ciders).
Saccharomyces cerevisiae bayanus
- High alcohol tolerance up to 18%
- Short lag phase
- Fast fermentation rate in a wide pH range
- Wide range of temperatures for fermentation including low temperatures (Optimal between 15°C to 25°C)
- Low requirement in assimilable nitrogen
- Low O2 requirement (especially at low temperature)
- Low to average production of volatile acidity
- Average SO2 production
- Low H2S production
- Low foam formation