Lalvin ICV-D47 dry yeast
A high polysaccharide producer known for its accentuated fruit and volume. Ideal for barrel fermentation of white wines. Lalvin ICV D47™ was isolated from must in the Côtes du Rhône region in France by ICV, Montpellier. Lalvin ICV D47™ was selected from 450 isolates collected between 1986-1990. The sensory profile of wines made with Lalvin ICV D47™ demonstrate an enhanced aroma and flavour. This can be partially attributed to high β-glucosidase activity. It tends to allow the expression of good levels of terpenes, including citronellol, nerol and geraniol. Due to the release of polysaccharides into the must during fermentation, this yeast contributes to a round, soft palate with good weight. This process can also result in the stability of aromatic compounds. Highly recommended for the production of premium, barrel fermented Chardonnay. When left on lees spicy, tropical, citrus notes develop and the wine is said to have a silky persistence.
This white wine yeast is the primary choice for many mead makers. It ferments at a moderate to fast pace with little foaming and is good for medium to dry meads. It tends to accentuate the honey characteristics so it is a good choice for traditional varietal mead. It does however needs a nutrient rich environment, so add some yeast nutrient.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae cerevisiae
- Recommended for white and rosé red wine production.
- Highly recommended for barrel fermentation
- High dominance when inoculated into must containing high numbers of wild strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Desirable fermentation temperature: 15-30°C (59-86°F). It is recommended to start the ferment at 17°C (62°F) or higher.
- This yeast is sensitive to low temperatures <15°C (59°F) in clarified juices.
- Alcohol tolerance 15% v/v *subject to fermentation conditions.
- Low relative nitrogen demand (under controlled laboratory conditions)
- Short lag phase and moderate fermentation vigour.
- Very low production of H2S under low YAN conditions.
- Low-moderate production of SO2
Related or Similar Products
Lallemand CBC-1 Cask and Bottle Conditioning yeast, 11g Sachet