Northern Brewer (German) Hop Pellets
Originally bred in England in 1934, Northern Brewer is a cross between Canterbury Golding and a male seedling of Brewer's Gold. It was originally grown in the North of England, but has become one of the main varieties in the Hallertau region of Germany. Northern Brewer displays pleasant pine and mint characteristics in dual purpose brewing applications.
Brewing Usage: Dual
Aroma: Specific aroma descriptors include mint, pine and grass.
- Alpha Acid: 6 - 10%
- Beta Acid: 3 - 5%
- Co-humulone: 27 - 32%
- Total Oil: 1 - 1.6 mL/100g
- Myrcene: 25 - 45% of total oil
- Linalool: 0.3 - 0.8% of total oil
- Caryophyllene: 10 - 20% of total oil
- Farnesene: < 1.0% of total oil
- Humulene: 35 - 50% of total oil
- Geraniol: 0 - 0% of total oil