Northern Brewer (US) Hop Pellets
Northern Brewer hops are dual purpose with unique woody, minty notes. This is the signature hop of California Commons.
With a typical alpha of 8-10%, Northern Brewer hops are used in the brewing of ESB, bitter, English pale ale, porters, and California (steam) beer.
Brewing Usage: Dual
Aroma: Specific aroma descriptors include mint, pine and grass.
- Alpha Acid: 6 - 10%
- Beta Acid: 3 - 5%
- Co-humulone: 27 - 32%
- Total Oil: 1 - 1.6 mL/100g
- Myrcene: 25 - 45% of total oil
- Linalool: 0.3 - 0.8% of total oil
- Caryophyllene: 10 - 20% of total oil
- Farnesene: < 1.0% of total oil
- Humulene: 35 - 50% of total oil
- Geraniol: 0 - 0% of total oil