Ingredients: Yeast (Saccharomyces bayanus*), emulsifier : sorbitan monostearate (E491)
SafCider AB-1 Cider yeast. 5g
NOTICE: If you are ordering a few sachets of yeast to be sent via Canada Post, we can now ship to you via Lettermail for $2.50 per 100g. This is for dry yeast only, and up to a total weight of 100g per envelope. If you would like to use this option, select Lettermail on checkout!
The best cider yeast for balanced ciders, combining delicate fresh apple and apple sauce notes.
Dosage: 2 - 4g per 20L
Ensures a very good assimilation of fructose and excellent for high gravity ciders. For all types of ciders even under difficult fermentation conditions.
– Excellent settlement strength
– Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C
– Works at low pH: from 2.9
– Low nitrogen requirements: from 150ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen
– Very good assimilation of fructose
– Yield sugar/ alcohol: 16.3 g/L for 1% alc./vol.
– Maximum SO2 level recommended: 70mg/L
– Minimum turbidity level recommended: 50 NTU