What are your Delivery Options?
We think we have a pretty decent range of options for delivery of almost any order, but you take a look and see what you think.
- If you live in the Durham region (Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, or Oshawa) we will deliver your order right to your front door. Usually we make deliveries in the evenings, but sometimes it makes sense to drop off orders early in the mornings when we have an hour or so before the store opens. This delivery option is FREE with a small minimum order.
- If you live outside of Durham region, (Bowmanville, for example) I would always suggest you get in touch with us before you give up as we might have circumstances that take us near enough to you to make a personal delivery an option.
- If we can't deliver your order, either Canada Post or a private carrier will. We are unable to build those extra carriers pricing into our website, but we do have an option for you to enter an order and select Additional Carriers at check out. We will then assemble your order and get you a quote. This is a great choice when shipping liquid yeast, but also orders that are just time sensitive. Please note that nothing is normal these days in terms of service guarantees from the carriers, so requesting 2-day service means we will purchase that service, but the carriers insist they will not be bound by that.
- For really small items, especially a few pitches of dry yeast, we use Lettermail by Canada Post. We have shipped literally dozens and dozens of packages this way and the beautiful part of it is that the shipping is only $2.50 ANYWHERE IN CANADA! This works fantastically and we have shipped yeast from Nova Scotia to Vancouver this way, with great success!
- A bit closer to home, we are really lucky to have some amazing brewery partners who allow us to delivery homebrew orders to their brewery for you to collect from there. This means we have one central spot that is convenient for everyone. Here are the breweries we deal with on your behalf;
- Second Wedge in Uxbridge
- Old Flame in Port Perry
- Smithavens in Peterborough
- Common Good in Scarborough
- Muddy York in Leaside**
By working with these fantastic breweries, we can extend our reach much further than just the Durham region, meaning it is easier for you to get fresh ingredients at a location convenient to you. By the way, when you visit to pick up your order, be sure to grab a few cans or bottles to go. It helps the brewery and sends them a meaningful Thank You for allowing this service to homebrewers.
**(We are also a pick-up location in Durham for Muddy York orders. You order online at their website and select Durham pick up. We will collect your order on our Thursday night visit to them and bring it back to Durham for you NO CHARGE. Now that makes it almost too easy!)
- Finally, it goes without saying that store pick-up has always been our most used service. If you order online and let us know when you need to pick up, in all by the rarest occasions we will have your order ready and waiting for you. During COVID we will ask you to ring the doorbell and we'll greet you at the front door with your order, but as restrictions ease, we are also allowing 1-2 people in to shop. It is ideal if you order online but please don't shy away from coming by and picking out a few things in person. We'll make it work, safely. Also, within our Store Pick-up model, we do offer Same Day (orders in by 8am) for those who suddenly find themselves with time to brew but need supplies. We prioritise these orders so please, only select this when you really do need same day service.*
So there you have it and we hope you agree that this range of services covers as many options as we are able to offer. We would love to include brewery deliveries in western Toronto, Barrie, or even Orangeville, but the logistics are just not yet in place for that. Wink wink, keep an eye on us as things might change!
* Please do not show up to collect your order until you have received an email, text, or call from us. Once orders are completed they are immediately finalised in our system, a packing slip is created, and you are contacted. If you show up to collect before you hear from us, chances are your order will not be ready.